Caesars Entertainment believes the problems facing the planet demand real action today. The company’s CodeGreen strategy provides tangible low-carbon solutions to reduce water, energy and waste consumption at all Caesars’ resorts. CodeGreen enhances the first class experience of Caesars Entertainment guests by creating healthier, cleaner communities around the world.
Employees are at the heart of this company-wide program, offering innovative ideas that lead to real impacts. Showboat Atlantic City and other Caesars Entertainment hotels and resorts have their own CodeGreen team to implement the company strategy on a monthly basis. The CodeGreen Steering Committee, made up of executives from operations and corporate leaders, drives the overall strategic direction of the program. CodeGreen is driven by data, allowing us to adapt and shift as we learn more on our journey through environmental sustainability.
Showboat Atlantic City
- Recycled more than 195 tons of materials in 2012
- Soap/ Bottled Amenities: over 1,000 lbs.
- Property encourages its meetings and events guests to minimize giveaways (i.e. pens, pads of paper) or giveaway eco-friendly products
- Supported local vendor purchasing by offering local food options for guests and groups and sourcing at least 20% of food from local vendors
- Made guests aware of alternative transportation options between the property and external attractions
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Atlantic City region was honored as the New Jersey Business Leader of the Year by the New Jersey Clean Energy Program (2009)
- Atlantic City region was recognized with the EPA Regional Environmental Quality Award from the Environmental Protection Agency (2008)
- Atlantic City region earned the Best Public Affairs Campaign award from the American Gaming Association for its work surrounding CodeGreen (2008)
- Atlantic City region earned a Bronze and a Gold Adrian Award from the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (2008)
ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAMS/ PARTNERSHIPS:
- Incorporated comprehensive water management programs at various golf resorts, achieving Audubon Certification in Atlantic City golf courses
- Atlantic City Showboat: steam turbine generates electricity as a by-product of the normal steam production at the resort.